Tuesday, August 18, 2009

What I Did on My Summer Vacation



















Daughter Amanda came home from Tennessee and brought Bekah from Texas for a week of fun

Went to 4 bridal showers and 1 anniversary reception and 4 weddings and 1 college graduation party.

Painted two sides of our house.

Daughter Lindsay and fiance Arthur arrived from Tunis for 8 weeks-and their wedding!

Friend Sarah arrives for week's visit from Minneapolis.

Writing group met at my house on Wednesday nights.

Watched 3 of my kids run a half-marathon together.

Sorted and cleaned and painted the basement into guest rooms.

My Mom went into hospice--so much grief in her decline!

Friends on the beautiful Columbia River have us for a barbecue.

Sister Gretchen and her family arrive from Denver.

Family picnic with about 40 of the Howatt side gathering.

Niece Heather arrives from Washington, DC.

Maxime & Celine, Valentine arrive from Paris; Roselyne from Dubai; Aimee from Anchorage; William from Tunis; Mike from Oklahoma, Rachel from Texas

Went camping for 3 days at coast.

Had big African Rehearsal Dinner

Had big American wedding for daughter

Went on 3 day outing with my Dad and his travel group.





















 

4 comments:

Gilly said...

My, you HAVE been busy! And what a gorgeous bride and handsome husband! His relatives look wonderful in their array - we tend to look a bit dull beside them!

Are you going to have a rest now???

Hollace said...

Yes, I am being a lazy bum right now. But I have a lot to do before school starts up in 2 weeks: a high school reunion (41 years, isn't that funny?) and a 4 day camping trip with friends, and some major tidying up around the house. I need more summer!

My African sister brought a ceremonial outfit for me to wear at the rehearsal dinner, but I look like a house in it. Still, it was fun.

Emily said...

It has been a busy summer, hasn't it? Glad to have participated in a lot of it with you. :)

Connie said...

Wow! What wonderful photos! Looks like you had so much fun - what a variety of events.

Now time to hunker down for school. May you have a great year.